D5700 was delivered in July 1958, commencing test runs from Derby during which the locomotive quickly proved troublesome and was returned to Metro-Vic for rectification before the next locomotives were delivered. Following rebuilding the locomotive was transferred to Barrow in Furness in February 1962, before final re-allocation to Carlisle Upperby shed in October 1965. D5700 was stored from June 1967 and probably did not work again before being officially withdrawn from service at the end of December 1967.
- Designed from original works drawings
- Post-1961 flat screen version
- Next18 decoder socket
- Quality mechanism
- Directional lighting
- Accurately applied liveries down to minute detail differences
- NEM coupler pockets