D5711 was delivered in September 1958, entering service from Derby, but characteristic of the class was listed as 'stored unserviceable' in June 1961 and reinstated for 'refurbishment by manufacturer'. Following rebuilding the locomotive was transferred to Barrow in Furness in February 1962, before re-allocation to Carlisle Upperby in October 1965. Transferred to Kingmoor in February 1968 D5701 was withdrawn in September 1968 from the 'Preston division' as BR eliminated the troublesome class.
- Designed from original works drawings
- Post-1961 flat screen version
- Next18 decoder socket
- Quality mechanism
- Directional lighting
- Accurately applied liveries down to minute detail differences
- NEM coupler pockets