D5711 was delivered in February 1959, entering service from Derby. Following rebuilding the locomotive was transferred to Barrow in Furness in February 1962, before allocations shifted to Carlisle December 1966, initially at Upperby and Kingmoor from February 1968. D5711 was withdrawn in September 1968 from the 'Preston division' as BR eliminated the troublesome class.
- Designed from original works drawings
- Post-1961 flat screen version
- Next18 decoder socket
- Quality mechanism
- Directional lighting
- Accurately applied liveries down to minute detail differences
- NEM coupler pockets