D5709 was delivered in January 1959, entering service from Derby. Following rebuilding the locomotive was transferred to Barrow in Furness in February 1962, before final re-allocation to Carlisle Upperby shed in December 1966, a year before final withdraw at the end of 1967.
- Designed from original works drawings
- Post-1961 flat screen version
- Next18 decoder socket
- Quality mechanism
- Directional lighting
- Accurately applied liveries down to minute detail differences
- NEM coupler pockets