Graham Farish 372-755 BR 42062 ex-LMS Fairburn 2-6-4 Tank Engine BR Lined Black Late Crest N
Designed by Charles Fairburn and intorduced in 1945 this class of 2-6-4 suburban tank engines expanded on the fleet of earlier Stanier engines. Following natioanlisation many were built for the Southern region, where wartime and post war delays in the expansion of electrification created a demand for new, modern steam traction. As a result a total of 277 of these Fairburn engines were built.
This model of 42073 is painted in BR mixed traffic lined black with later lion holding wheel crest.
Era 5 1957-1966. NEM coupler pockets. DCC Ready 6 pin decoder required for DCC operation.