Dapol 7F-072-007 S Healing & Sons Borough Flour Mills Tewkesbury RCH 1887 Type 7 Plank Open Wagon No.5 O Gauge
The Borough Flour Mill, now more generally known as Healings Mill situated alongside the river in Tewkesbury was built in 1866 and in 1892 considered one of the most advanced mills in Britain, capable of producing 25 sacks of flour an hour. Following the arrival of the railway owner Samuel Healing was quick to invest in this alternative to river craft for the supply of coal, grain and shipping of flour.
Wagon number 5 was supplied by the Gloucester Railway Carriage and Wagon Company, recorded in January 1900 by the company photographer, who helpfully provides details that the wagon was painted chocolate with white lettering shaded black. The photo (reference 2107) also shows the wagons marked as empty to Netherseal Colliery near Burton on Trent, rather than a nearby Forest of Dean colliery.
Photo Gloucester RCW photo archives held at the Gloucestershire County Archive.