The notable feature is that the two outer wagons have screw link couplings and buffers on the outer most edge of the train, whilst the connection between inner wagons is a buckeye style coupling allowing closer coupling and hence an overall reduction in length of the train which was considered an important design aim. Dapol are producing 4 outer 6 inner wagons to allow suitable train lengths to be created for your layout.
The Dapol model of the O&K JHA Hopper will feature:
- Inner and outer versions of the hopper will be produced
- Inner wagons with buckeye couplers and no side buffers
- Outer wagons with buffers and NEM pockets with standard OO tension lock couplings at one end, other end without buffers and fitted with buckeye coupling.
- Diecast chassis
- Profiled wheels
- Sprung Buffers on outer wagons.
- Close coupling mechanism fitted to both types, capable of operating on minimum of 438mm radius 2.
- Accessory pack to contain two versions of interconnecting pipes:
- a. Loose, unconnected
- b. Flexible to connect between adjacent wagons.
- Working rear lamp on outer most end of the train (DC directional, 6 pin DCC socket for control of lamp) Flashing.
- The models will be finished with high level of detail, which will include many separately added details
- Designed from works drawings