Dapol have managed to provide for both the Class 21 and Class 29 to be produced from the tooling and these will be made concurrently.
The first EP’s arrived in March 2018 and are being evaluated by the design team. A series of corrective measures are being made to each of the models to ensure that they are as true to the prototype as possible. These include but are not limited to improvements to the lower Valance area and the roof area. Small details will be added to the next EP.
Production is anticipated to be 4th quarter 2018.
The Dapol OO Gauge model of the Class 21/29 will feature:
- Detailed body with etched grilles and separately fitted handrails
- Finely detailed cast wheels
- Metal sprung buffers
- 5 pole Super creep motor with twin brass fly wheels for controlled pulling power and incredible slow running speed
- All wheel drive and pick up
- Independent directional and cab lighting
- DCC Ready with provision of an MTC 21 pin socket
- Accessory bag with optional fitted components