Dapol 1887 RCH Wagons RTR
The first RCH standard Private Owner wagons.
The first full standard specification for mineral wagons was issued by the RCH in 1887. This laid down the minimum standards for all aspects of wagon design, materials and construction which, following the inspection and acceptance of the wagon by one company, all the member companies agreed to accept for regular use.
Highly detailed model of the first RCH standard design 7 plank open mineral wagon finished in Lightmoor livery as wagon number 283.
Lightmoor was one of the largest collieries in the Forest of Dean and part of the Crawshay group of mineral companies, resulting in Lightmoor wagons also being used by other Crawshay collieries, with some still to be found after nationalisation.
The Dapol 1887 RCH wagon is based on wagons built by the Gloucester Railway Carriage and Wagon Company, ideally suited to Forest of Dean and South Wales operators.