Model Airways museum quality wood and metal aircraft kits feature true-to-life structral details, reproducing virtually every facet of the real aircraft. Materials include birch parts for the wings and fuselage, metal parts for the engine, accurately scaled brass and steel parts, and copper wire for tensioning. The most interesting feature of the Model Airways kit is its open airframe, normally hidden under layers of cloth or canvas the laser-cut wooden frames are uncovered to show the intricacies of construction. You’ll find birch fuselage bulkheads, wing ribs and pilot’s seat, basswood fuselage stringers and wing rib caps plus an authentic engine and airframe fittings recreated in metal.
Nieuport 28 - Eddie Rickenbacker's Favorite Fighter
Model Airways has gone to great lengths to recreate this legendary World War I fighter, designed from original plans, photographs and restored aircraft on display in several museums. The historically accurate model reproduces virtually every detail of the real airplane. The open framework allows for authentic detailing and shows the intricacies of construction.
• Over 190 laser cut basswood and birch plywood parts for ribs, fuselage and other wooden components
• A perfectly scaled rotary engine complete with cylinders, distributor, spark plugs and crankcase is assembled from metal castings
• Over 200 copper, aluminum, steel, rubber and Britannia metal parts used as turnbuckles for guy wires, suppression bars, pulleys, wire support brackets, ailerons, stabilizers, struts, flight instruments, wheels, tires and more
• Hundreds of finely cast Britannia metal, copper, aluminum, brass and rubber parts make up the instrument panel, fuel tank, turnbuckles, ailerons, struts, compression bar, stabilizers, machine guns, wheels, tires and more.
• Three sheets of plans and an explicitly illustrated, step-by-step instruction manual will assist novice and expert modelers in the completion of a museum quality model.
Intermediate Level. Wingspan 20in. Fuselage 15-3/4in
Note - These models designed to display the airframe structure, no covering is supplied.