Model Airways museum quality wood and metal aircraft kits feature true-to-life structral details, reproducing virtually every facet of the real aircraft. Materials include birch parts for the wings and fuselage, metal parts for the engine, accurately scaled brass and steel parts, and copper wire for tensioning. The most interesting feature of the Model Airways kit is its open airframe, normally hidden under layers of cloth or canvas the laser-cut wooden frames are uncovered to show the intricacies of construction. You’ll find birch fuselage bulkheads, wing ribs and pilot’s seat, basswood fuselage stringers and wing rib caps plus an authentic engine and airframe fittings recreated in metal.
Albatros D.Va - The Red Baron's Forgotten Fighter
• 184 basswood, birch and plywood parts, most laser cut
• Over 100 Britannia metal parts for building the 180 HP six cylinder Mercedes-Benz motor
• Over 200 copper, aluminum, steel, rubber and Britannia metal parts used as turnbuckles for guy wires, suppression bars, pulleys, wire support brackets, ailerons, stabilizers, struts, flight instruments, wheels, tires and more
• Two 30 caliber machine guns cast in Britannia metal
• Four actual size plan sheets with supplementary illustrations of all laser cut wooden parts
• 48 page step-by-step photo instruction manual to assist novice and expert modelers to the completion of a museum quality model.
Intermediate Level. Wingspan 22-1/2in Fuselage 18-1/4in. Weight 6 lb. 14 oz.
Note - These models designed to display the airframe structure, no covering is supplied.