An excellent model of the classic 7-plank open coal wagon painted in the LNER goods grey livery, lettered NE.These 7-plank end door wagons were used in coal and mineral service, the end doors allowing the wagons to be emptied quickly. Built to specifications laid down by the railway companies through the Railways Clearing House (RCH) these wagons used a range of standard parts, allowing them to be repaired at any railway or private repair station. The LMS and LNER used many standard RCH wagons, while the GWR and SR re-designed their standard wagons to use the RCH parts.
This model will be painted in LNER oxide goods wagon livery.
A detailed model of the early LMS standard design of goods brake van, a direct development of the last Midland Railway design. These vans were built with and without side lookout duckets, both styles remaining in service into the 1960s.This model of a van without lookout duckets is painted in the LMS bauxite colour.
A highly detailed model of the small GWR shunters trucks used to provide a place for the shunter to ride safely around goods yards, coupled to the shunting engine. The box and flat floor of the wagon provided storage space for tools and spares, including shunters poles, brake sticks, train tail lamps and spare couplings.The Bachmann model has been designed to recreate several different designs of shunters trucks as the differences were mainly in detail design. Three versions have been displayed in Bachmanns' display cases covering designs with round turned type handrail knobs, straight angle-iron grab iron brackets and inward-angled angle-iron brackets.This wagon is painted in the GWR goods grey livery lettered for use at Old Oak Common, which was the major locomotive and passenger coaching stock depot for London. Shunters trucks were used around the coach yards to assemble trains ready for hauling into Paddington station.Era 3 1923-1947
An exciting new model from Hornby for 2016, these large and quite distinctive hopper wagons were fitted with extra boards to provide volume capacity for 20 tons of coke to be carried.Coke hopper wagons were built first by the LMS and later the design was adopted as a standard British Railways type. Often seen running in complete trains from the coke ovens to the iron and steel furnaces, frequently empty wagons returned in small numbers conveyed by regular goods trains.
An excellent model of the Great Western's distinctive Toad goods brake van with it's single large veranda. Painted in the Great Western dark grey goods livery the van carries Didcot as it's allocation. Set at the junction of the Oxford/Birmingham and Bristol/South Wales/South West routes Didcot remains a major centre for the rail freight businesses today, In GWR days the depot and goods yard here also sent goods for export to continental Europe and beyond over the Didcot, Newbury and Southampton route.
A nicely detailed model of a 5 plank open wagon painted in the London & North Eastern Railways' goods grey livery, lettered NE.Most railway company 5 plank wagons were used as general merchandise wagons, conveying any kind of load which could be placed in an open wagon and sheeted down for weather protection. 7 plank wagons were preferred for minerals and coal service, which helped keep the lower-sided wagons clean.
An excellent model of the classic 7-plank open coal wagon painted in the LMS goods grey livery.These 7-plank end door wagons were used in coal and mineral service, the end doors allowing the wagons to be emptied quickly. Built to specifications laid down by the railway companies through the Railways Clearing House (RCH) these wagons used a range of standard parts, allowing them to be repaired at any railway or private repair station. The LMS and LNER used many standard RCH wagons, while the GWR and SR re-designed their standard wagons to use the RCH parts.
Bachmann Branchline 37-730C 00 Gauge 12 Ton Ventilated Van GWR Dark Grey
Model of a GWR ventilated goods box van in GWR goods dark grey livery.