To give you a better experience, we use our own and third party cookies,
A special limited edition model only available from Antics.The Weston Clevedon & Portishead Railway purchased 2 of the Brighton A1 Terrier locomotives, WC&P No.4 was delivered in the attractive Southern lined green livery. This was enhanced with the WC&PR lettering arranged in an arc on the side tanks applied after arrival at Clevedon.
A pretty little loco for Grandads O gauge LayoutIn need of a small, light weight locomotive to work on the Sheppey Light Railway the South Eastern & Chatham Railway purchased surplus Terrier number 54 (Waddon) from the LB&SCR. in 1904. This model replicates the appearance of this locomotive finished in SE&CR green livery as number 751.
A number of the Brighton Terrier locomotives were sold to other railway companies. This model is finished in London and South Western Railway livery as LSWR 734 in their light green livery.The LSWR purchased two Terriers in 1903 for the Lyme Regis branch which had been built economically, with the lowest practical maximum axle load and some sharp curves to follow natural land contours. The engines also served on other minor branch lines including the Bishops Waltham and Lea-on-Solent lines.
A detailed model of the now preserved LB&SCR number 72 Fenchurch finished in the Marsh umber livery. Fenchurch was the first A1 class locomotive to enter service in 1872 and was among the last Terriers in British Railways service, despite having been sold as surplus in 1898! Although rebuilt to A1X specification in industrial service a number of original features had been retained and the Bluebell Railway have rebuilt Fenchurch to resemble her original appearance.
2022 announced batch of ex-LB&SCR Terriers.Highly detailed model of London, Brighton and South Coast Railway class A1 Terrier locomotive 71 Wapping finished in the LB&SCR golden ochre Improved Engine Green livery.Ideal for Dapol's LB&SCR Stroudley coaches expected to be released this year
Designed by William Stroudley the London, Brighton and South Coast Railway built 50 class A1 0-6-0 tank locomotives between 1872 and 1880 for London suburban passenger service. The sprightly engines became known as 'Terriers' to commuters and enthusiasts from the sharp bark of the exhaust. Soon displaced from their original duties the Terriers found other work, many branch lines benefiting from these quite new engines with some sold to other operators, including the SE&CR, LSWR, the Isle of Wight railway companies, K&ESR and WC&PR light railways and the Newhaven Harbour company.17 of the class were upgraded with new boilers during their working lives, becoming the A1X class and the last Terriers were not withdrawn from British Railways service until the closure of the Hayling Island branch in October 1963. By this date two Terriers had already entered preservation and 55 Stepney had hauled the opening train on the Bluebell Railway. A total of 10 have been preserved, most having been restored to service on heritage railways with a number to be found at the Kent & East Sussex, Bluebell and Isle of Wight lines.
The Dapol O gauge model has been created from a detailed laser-scan of W8 Freshwater on the Isle of Wight steam railway. A great deal of attention has been applied to the detail changes made to these engines over their long lives, with the tooling being designed to allow for both the original A1 (with smokebox wings) and later reboilered A1X class (with longer smokebox) to be produced. The cab has been kept completely unobstructed allowing for full internal detailing, ready for the crew to board! In addition to the chassis the running plate and wheels are die-cast to increase the weight while a skew-wound 5 pole motor is installed to provide smooth torque at low speeds.