To give you a better experience, we use our own and third party cookies,
Peco N Gauge model of a Gloucester RCW-built 7 plank open coal wagon in service with the well-known industrial conglomerate of Geust, Keen and Nettleford, or GKN.Guest, Keen & Nettlefolds, or GKN as it was later more commonly known, was formed in the early 1900s by the amalgamation of Patent Nut & Bolt, Dowlais Iron Company, Guest & Co. and Nettlefolds Limited. They operated a very large fleet of wagons, including examples of this purple-brown with yellow band 7-plank coal wagon. Built by The Gloucester Railway Carriage & Wagon Company, Peco are particularly pleased with the reproduction of the Gloucester G builders plates on the sole-bar.
6 wheel milk tanker model finished in Express Dairies Milk for London livery.Milk tankers were developed to allow the safe, efficient and fast transportation of milk from the country into towns and cities. They first came into service in the early 1930's and went through various design improvements and modifications until the 6 wheel milk tanker was developed which remained in service until the early 1980's, when their use was eclipsed by the use of road transport. Between 1932 and 1948 over 600 were built and several survive into preservation
A bright red painted four plank open wagon operated by the Teign Valley Granite company of Bovey-Tracey in Devon.
Granite was quarried from the edge of Dartmoor and loaded into railway wagons for transport to customers. The Teign Valley company also operated other quarries around the south west of England.
A 6-wheel milk tank wagons from the fleet of the West Park Dairy Company. The chocolate brown liveried tanks of this company are especially attractive.
These distinctive tank wagons could be attached to express passenger trains to swiftly convey fresh milk to London. Often working a dialy round trip from country dairy to London and back these wagons are ideal extra traffic for your branch and local passenger trains.(OO model shown in photograph)
A detailed model of an 8-plank open coal wagon lettered for Ketton Cement.
The wagon also carries the identity of it's actual owners, Thos W Ward, the well-known Sheffield coal factors. It is likely that this wagon was painted in connection with a long-term contract for the supply of coal to the cement companys' furnaces.
Nicely details model of a cylindrical oil tank wagon in the plain black livery chosen by many heavy-oil suppliers and consumers, with the owners name spelt out along the length of the barrel.
Based at Kilnhurst near Swinton, South Yorkshire, this company produced tar, mainly from the residue left over in gas and coke works. It would have been a messy business! They had a small fleet of tank wagons, including this example No. 597, one of 5 built by Charles Roberts in 1940 and registered by the LMS. Carrying the name in full in chrome yellow on the black tank side, we are sure that these wagons did not stay in this condition for long! As usual, the free running characteristics and fine printing of the livery come as standard on this model.
Nicely detailed model of a cylindrical oil tank wagon in the plain black livery chosen by many heavy oil suppliers and consumers, with the owners name spelt out along the length of the barrel.
A detailed model of a wagon built by the Gloucester Railway Carriage and Wagon Company for Shirebrook Colliery of Mansfield.Right in the centre of the East Midlands coal field and with excellent rail connections Shirebrook wagons travelled extensively to deliver coal, the Midland and later LMS railway companies offering easy connections to London, Gloucester, Bristol, Bath and Bournemouth, North Wales and West Coast destinations all the way to Glasgow.This wagon is supplied with a removable coal load.
A detailed model of a wagon built by the Gloucester Railway Carriage and Wagon Company for The Economic Coal Company of Kidderminster.Although not a widely known coal company The Economic Coal Company were a firm of coal factors in Kidderminster bought wagons from the Gloucester RC&W co. in 1910 and continued to trade until the company was wound up in 1966. Coal Factors were companies who purchased coal on contract from collieries, usually undertaking to take an agreed regular tonnage per month and then sold the coal on to local merchants in wagon-loads. This allowed local merchants to offer a range of coals, including types of coal not readily available from local collieries and obtain single loads quickly when they wanted them. Coal factors' wagons often travelled widely to bring in a range of types of coal, The Economic Coal Company wagons might well have made regular journeys to the Forest of Dean, South Wales and Bristol/North Somerset coalfields and might even have been sent beyond the Midlands and Black Country to collect coal from the north of England. The fitting of a small bracket to allow a destination label to be attached after the lettering 'Empty to' suggests the company bought coal from a number of collieries rather than one regular source.This wagon is supplied with a removable coal load.