A detailed model kit building a RCH 1907 standard design open wagon with 7 plank height sides and fixed ends. This kit replicates the details of a wagon built by the Charles Roberts company.
This 7 plank design was introduced in 1907 during a period when the grand 'billboard' lettering of private owner wagons was popular and this design continued to be built into mid 1920s when wagons to the new 1923 specifications became the builders standard products.
The top plank(s) of the 6 and 7 plank wagons were usually continuous, providing added strength to the body, though sometimes a top flap door was fitted. Small coal merchants normally ordered wagons with side doors only, but collieries, coal factors (dealers), exporters and large coal consumers (eg. heavy industry and gas companies) usually ordered wagons with end doors to allow for rapid discharge by tipping.
Supplied with metal wheels, 3 link couplings and sprung buffers