Corgi 1/50 LT Routemaster Route 11 to Liverpool Street Station CC25910
The AEC Routemaster was designed and built in London by AEC and Park Royal Vehicles specifically for London Transport use. Although conventional in appearance, the design was technically sophisticated, featuring innovative construction techniques, braking systems and semi-automatic transmission. The first prototype was produced in 1954, and RM1737 entered service at Middle Row garage, near Westbourne Park, in November 1963. It was later allocated to West Ham, Dalston and finally Ash Grove (Hackney) where it became the garage ‘showbus’. Engineering staff kept it in top condition until it was withdrawn from service in 1985.