SY Lysistrata was built in 1900 by Wm. Denny & Son for James Gordon Bennett, the owner of the New York Herald. The yacht was turbine-powered with twin screws and was capable of 19.5kt. The owner lived aboard in European waters and ran his newspaper from there. The figurehead was a gold owl with electric-lit eyes, a cow was aboard to provide milk & butter and a De Dion Bouton car was kept on board. In 1916, the yacht was sold to the Russian Navy as an Arctic patrol vessel, "Yaroslavna" and from 1924 was based in Vladivostok for Fishery Protection and re-named "Vorovsky". Out of service for many years after WW2, she was finally scrapped in the mid 1960s.