Corgi 1/43 Morris Oxford Series VI, Deep Pink VA05408
Morris Oxford Series VI, Deep Pink
The British Motor Corporation was created in 1952 by the merger of long time competitors Austin and Morris leaving many towns with competing dealers franchised to sell only two or three of their now six marques. Chairman, Leonard Lord, devised the concept of 'badge-engineering' the 1959 1.5-litre Farina styled Austin A55 Mk2 Cambridge into five different versions (Austin Cambridge A55 MK2, Morris Oxford Series V, Wolseley 15/60, MG Magnette Mk3 and Riley 4/68) so every dealer had a vehicle to sell to their often brand-loyal customers. The whole range was updated and restyled in late 1961 and remained in production until 1971 by which time over a million of all types had been produced.