The second release on our De Havilland DH4 is as flown by the RNAS (Royal Naval Air Service) in 1918. The RNAS was the air arm of the Royal Navy under the direction of the Admiralty's Air Department, existing from 1st July 1914 to 1st April 1918 when it was merged with the British Army's Royal Flying Corps to form a new service for the Royal Air Force. Our WWI 2-seater bi-plane is as flown by No. 5 Squadron of the RNAS and comes decorated with the fuselage and upper wings in a khaki green with dark red tail fin and rear fuselage banding with cream under wings. The red white and blue roundel which features the white surround on the dark background surface of the upper wings and fuselage was used between 1915-1919, whereas the white outer surround was missing when painted on light surfaces, as we show on our model. Some special features to note on our 1:72 scale replica include a single machine gun in the rear cockpit and a spinner connected to the propeller.