Navis Neptun 341N USS Denver, Light Cruiser, 1903 1/1250

£32.25
MRP £32.25

Will be ordered - delivery as soon as possible.
(Product Ref 58343)
Have a question about this product? Let us know
USS Denver was the Lead ship of Denver class cruiser from United States Navy . She was the first Navy ship named for the city of Denver, Colorado. Denver, the capital of Colorado. Launched on June 21st 1902 by Neafie and Levy Ship and Engine Building Company in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. sponsored by Miss R. W. Wright, daughter of the mayor of Denver; commissioned on May 17th 1904 with Commander J. B. Murdock in command. She was reclassified in 1920 and on August 8th 1921. Between 15 July 26 July 1904 Denver visited Galveston, Texas, where she was presented a gift of silver service from the people of Denver. She cruised in the Caribbean , investigating disturbances in Haiti , then returned to Philadelphia on October 1 ". During the next 2½ years, she cruised the Atlantic coast and in the Caribbean, joining in Target practice and other exercises, and protecting American interests from political disturbance in the West Indies. Highlights of this period of her service included her participation at Annapolis between 19 April and April 27" 1906 in the Interment ceremonies for John Paul Jones at the United States Naval; a Midshipman cruise to Madeira and the Azores in the summer of 1906; and the Fleet Review at Long Island, by President Theodore Roosevelt" in September 1906 The cruiser sailed from "Tompkinsville, New York on May 18th 1907 for duty with the U.S. Asiatic Fleet in the Philippines , sailing through the Mediterranean and Suez Canal to Cavite where she arrived on August 1st and visited ports in Chinaand Manchuria , and Japan and joined in the regular exercise schedule of the fleet until 1st January 1910 when she cleared Cavite for Mare Island Naval Shipyard : Arriving there on February 15th , she was placed out of commission on March 12th 1910. She was then placed in reserve commission on 4th January 1912, and placed in full commission on 15 July 1912 for service in the Pacific.
Have a question about this product? Let us know