Mercator M585 Der Deutsche, A German KDF Cruise Ship, 1934 1/1250
Built in 1924, Der Deutsche was renamed Sierra Morena before becoming a KDF cruise ship. In 1940, she was used as a troop transport before becoming an accommodation ship at Danzig in 1941. Moved to Gotenhafen, as a U-boat depot ship, she resumed trooping in 1944 and was used as a refugee transport in 1945 during the evacuation of East Prussia. Bombed and beached as a constructive total loss, she was salvaged by the Russians and became "Asia" in 1950!