Launched in 1900 Mikasa was built by Vickers, Sons & Maxim at Barrow in Furness for the Imperial Japanese Navy. A pre-dreadnought battleship named after Mount Mikasa in Nara the ship served as the flagship Vice-Admiral Togo Heihachiro throughout the Russo-Japanese War, including the Battle of Port Arthur, Battles of the Yellow Sea and Tsushima. Days after the end of the war Mikasa's magazine accidentally exploded and sank the ship. She was salvaged, serving as a coast defence ship during World War 1 and supporting Japanese forces during the Siberian Intervention in the Russian Civil War.
Decomissioned after 1922 in accordance with the Washington Naval Treaty Mikasa was preserved as a museum ship at Yokosuka. Mikasa is the last remaining example of a pre-dreadnought battleship anywhere in the world and also the last example of a British-built battleship.
Length 658.5mm, Width 124mm, Total Parts: 930+