Hobby Master HA19027 McDonnell Douglas F-4D Phantom II 66-7733, 480th TFS, USAF, Phu Cat AB, 1969 (with 12 x Mk.82 bombs on underwings) 1/72

£87.50
MRP £101.99
Warehouse: 2
Fast delivery from Warehouse.
(Product Ref 115435)
Cookies are disabled.
To place an order please call 01453 377030
Have a question about this product? Let us know
The F-4D was an improved “C” variant with most improvements being internal electronics and avionics. The F-4D entered operational service in April 1966 and joined the combat forces in Southeast Asia in May 1967. With the arrival of the “D” most of the “C” variant was reassigned to ground attack with the “D”s taking on the air-to-air interceptor role. In 1968 – 1969 a total of 825 “D” models were produced 793 for the USAF and 32 for the Iranian Air Force. In 1957 the 480th TFS was established as the 480th FBS equipped with F-100s. In May 1969 the 480th TFS converted to the F-4D and later that year moved to Phu Cat AB, South Vietnam. The squadron was the first to shoot down a MiG-21 and had a total of 9 MiG victories. F-4D 66-7733 was delivered to the 366th TFW in 1969 and then the 480th. After Vietnam the 480th TFS was disbanded and 66-7733 moved from squadron to squadron before being sent to AMARC in 1989 and scrapped in September 1998
Have a question about this product? Let us know