The class 43 HST units were designed by BR and developed between 1975 and 1982.
These units were used all over the country and, due to their sleek design and ability to reach high speeds in short distances, they were instantly a favourite for railway operators. They were ideal for non electrified route, which were common in the 1970s and 1980s.
This set contains a four car HST comprising lead and trailing power cars and two coaches. This GWR "Castle Set" is supplied with:
- 43093 "Old Oak Common HST Depot 1976-2018" in its striking modified livery featuring trains through the lifespan of the depot
- 43041 "St Catherine’s Castle"
- TS Coach 48103
- TGS Coach 49101
Although not featuring new tooling for the sliding doors, it’s hoped that clever use of tampo printing will ensure an atmospheric representation of this train.
- All wheel pick up
- Directional Lights
- New design motor for smooth running
- Detailed body with many fitted items
- Accessory bag with spares and optional detail parts
- Cast wheels with fine relief and appropriate colouring
- Coaches can be be fitted with Dapol plug-in lighting bars