Coastlines CL-TE02 Calshot, Red Funnel Tug/Tender, Southampton, 1948 1/1250
Built in 1934 to service liners, whether or not they entered the harbour. At one time she was licensed to carry over 500 passengers to their ships waiting in the Solent (standing room only)!! She was the largest tug in the Red Funnel fleet and is now preserved at Ocean Village..
This model shows Calshot after her post-war re-fit until she was sold in 1968 to become "Galway Bay", the Aran Island ferry (qv). Calshot is also available from Coastlines in black/grey, 1940-1946.