Coastlines CL-HK01 IX-22 (ex-USS Oregon) ammunition hulk, 1944-56 1/1250
The Battleship USS Oregon, a veteran of the Battle of Santiago, was preserved as a war memorial after WW1. After the Pearl Harbor attack, she was offered back to the Nation for further service.
Scrapping started but in 1943 it was decided to use the hull as an ammunition store for the recapture of Guam from the Japanese. In 1944, she was loaded with explosives (mainly for airfield construction) and towed to Guam where she was moored for the duration. In a typhoon in the 1950s she broke loose and was found drifting 500 miles away. She was recovered to Guam and thought was given to preservation. Some parts have been preserved but the hull was scrapped in Japan in 1956.