A highly detailed model of the BR standard design of long tube wagon as running during the TOPS lettering ear from the mid-1970s. Painted in the later goods brown livery this model carries the TOPS panel and code STV.
This wagon type was originally designed in 1925 by the LMS for the carriage of long light loads. Batches were also built by the LNER and GWR.
The first BR design was diagram 1/448, appearing from Darlington in 1954. This was similar to the LMS design but with the wheelbase and body length slightly increased. 2350 wagons were built to this design over the next seven years, all but the first 450 being vacuum braked from new.
These models have loads of great features, including spindle and OLEO buffer options, two types of axle box (both oil and HYBOX) and bodies with plain or battered floors. In addition, they also feature fixed axles and a close coupling device.
Era 4-5 1948-1966