Royal Research Ship of the Natural Oceanographic Council, built by Ferguson Brosg, Glasgow. Maiden voyage 14th December 1929 - 31 May 1931
79.8 x 10.9m. 1036 GRT, 2100t, 13.5 kn, crew: 52.
Intended as a research vessel for the Southern Ocean, World War II saw use in the Mediterranean and North Atlantic.
The ship was extensively modernized in 1948 and again refitted as a research vessel.
Decommissioned on September 7, 1962 and scrapped.