Over 1000 class 08 type shunters were built and with over 60 years in service there are many differences between locomotives. Double-checking from photographs is suggested!
Locomotives up to 13336/D3336 and D3454-D3472 had external bonnet door hinges, while the right hand exhauster box was not been fitted from 13245 onwards.
Locos (supposed to have!) external door hinges and one exhauster box.
13245 to 13336 (D3245 to D3336 / 08177 - 08266) and D3454 to D3472 (08369 - 08387)
A vast range of examples can be found on Martin Brays' website atwww.martinbray-ukloco.comwhich features at least one image of most of the class.
We suggest using Modelmasters sheet 7021 for locomotives with old-type (with serifs) D prefix numbers and sheet 7022 for later (sans serif) style used for TOPS numbering.
DCC Ready with a 21-pin decoder connection and space provided for a speaker easily accessible under a 'clip in'bonnet roof section (5 or more decoderfunction outputs required). Equipped withsprung buffers, sprung coupling hook and 3 link chain coupling. Fitted with directionallighting including red/white shunting lamps.
The Dapol O gauge Class 08 features:
- Fine cast metal coupling hooks and chains.
- Directional and cab lights.
- Finely moulded body with many separately added fine details.
- DCC ready with 21 pin decoder connection for control of all aspects of running.
- Cast wheels with fine relief and appropriate colouring.
- Tungsten chassis and all wheel pickup.
- Tooling designed to allow the production of alternate models.
- Powerful 5 pole skew wound motor and flywheel for superior running and performance
- Accessory bag with spares and other added detail.