SECR 6-wheel goods brake vans. This design was built from 1898, based on the Midland Railway single-ended brake van design. Updated in 1910 to have entry verandas at both ends. 50 vans were built with two verandas, with 40 existing vans rebuilt to this standard, with the rebuilt ends having noticeable detail differences. All 90 entered Southern Railway service with just 4 withdrawn before nationalisation. One 1898 built van is preserved at the Kent & East Sussex Railway, having been sold by BR to the Royal Aircraft Establishment for use on their line serving the Farnborough aerodrome.