After his State Funeral at St. Pauls Cathedral, Sir Winston Churchill’s body was moved by train to Handborough station via train before being taken to St. Martin's parish churchyard in Bladon to be buried. The actual carriage used was Southern Railway luggage van No. 2464. Built in 1931, the carriage had an uneventful life until it was taken out of service in 1961. In 1962 the carriage was repainted into Pullman colours and stored in Stewarts Lane carriage sheds until Churchill’s funeral in 1965.