Glue and paints are required to assemble and complete the model (not included)
First introduced in 1910, the B type bus was a standardised mechanically propelled omnibus, but it still retained many of the lines of the horse-drawn buses which had preceded it. The B type buses proved extremely successful in service and many hundreds of them were produced, both as the standard double decker and also in single-deck form. The body of the bus was built mainly of wood and seats 18 passengers on the top deck with 16 below inside. A water-cooled 4 cylinder petrol engine producing 25hp powered the bus through a 3-speed and reverse gearbox with a shaft to the rear wheels. The chassis was made of ash faced with steel and the cast steel wheels had solid rubber tyres. Fenders were fitted on each side between the wheels to prevent people from falling under the rear wheels
This bus was introduced to London in 1910. B-Types were built in Walthamstow and replaced the X-type bus. It had a 34 seat capacity and is often considered to be the first mass-produced bus. At the start of WWI many were used by the British Expeditionary Force to move troops up to the front.