A superb new model of the 20-ton open mineral wagon from Dapol. The highly detailed body features side and end doors complete with many neatly moulded rivets. All lettering is clearly printed, with even the small lettering clearly legible.
A combination of two large coal factor companies under the initials of the owners PJ & JP operated in the South Wales area during the 1930's. The company was one of the largest coal dealers in that coal field and took advantage of the lower rates offered by the GWR for the use of these large capacity 20-ton wagons. These were far more modern and robust than the wooden 7-plank opens, conveyed loads in shorter trains with fewer axles and ran on oil axleboxes, all combining to require less locomotive power per ton to move than when older small capacity grease lubricated wagons were used.